Permanent position: Director of Quality, Cincinnati, OH - Aerospace manufacturer seeks to hire a Director of Quality to lead and manage a team of Quality Engineers and a Quality Manager in support of an aggressive growth strategy. The successful candidate will be a change agent, technically astute and a visionary leader. Assigned departments include: Quality and NDT. This role serves as Management Representative per AS9100D 5.3. A degree is desired but not required. Excellent compensation and relo assistance. Eligibility to work with sensitive controlled data and materials according to ITARs policy and practice Responsibilities for the Director
Requirements for the Director
- Full accountability for driving an effective QualityManagement System and maintaining relevant registrations (AS9100 and NADCAP). Other duties may beassigned as needed.
- Lead assigned departments according to company policies, procedures and practices.
- Provide high level input on planning and decision-making related to business strategy, planning,goal setting and execution.
- Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing strategies, plans, techniques, processesand procedures for controlling and maintaining the desired level of quality for all parts andvservices supplied to customers. This begins by establishing and championing an effective QualityvManagement System.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a management system that builds employee engagement, performance and enhances the work culture. This includes Employment Development, Communication, Performance & Behavior Management and Continuous Improvement.
- Coordinate with Materials and Production Control to manage the quality of incoming materials aswell as insure outside service providers meet expectations for quality.
- Manage the calibration system. Serves as Technical Manager for calibration.
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree or a combination of equivalent professional training and workexperience. Applicable professional certification is preferred.
- 15+ years successful essential duty related experience in manufacturing, specifically in anaerospace precision manufacturing environment, preferably with composites and resin transfermolding.
- 10 years of successful management and leadership experience
- Current and specific knowledge of quality theory, quality systems and quality certifications
- Strong and effective communication skills internally and appropriately with Suppliers andCustomers.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Compensation commensurate with skills and experience
- Bonus eligible.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.