Contract position: Global leader in the medical product manufacturing industry is currently looking for an Engineer I in Irvine CA to execute the implementation of manufacturing solutions in pursuit of improved safety, product quality, increased throughput and the reduction of manufacturing cost in a medical device manufacturing facility. Expected to last 12 months, could be longer based on performance, possible temp to hire. This position will be focused on medical product development and manufacturing process development. Currently we are only looking for local candidates. Great Contractor Benefits! Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Product Engineer
Requirements for the Product Engineer
- Support key engineering projects through the creation and approval of engineering protocols, special reports, First of Code protocols, and final reports.
- Support validation of production equipment including IOQ, PQ/PV, software and test method protocols
- Lead product and process improvement CAPA projects with minimal supervision, managing cross-functional teams to timely and effective closure
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Bioengineering, or Biomedical), MS preferred
- 0-2 years of experience working in an FDA regulated facility in a cGMPenvironment, will consider internships or university experience
- Knowledge of Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma concepts is preferred
- Experience in statistical techniques; Minitab experience preferred
- Experience leading CAPA projects in regulated environment is desired
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.