Permanent position: Operations Team Leader, Granite City, IL - Directly supervises 10-20 employees in the facility's coal/coke handling, ovens, machine operations, heat recovery steam generators (HRSG), flue gas desulphurization (FGD), and the continuous emissions monitoring system. Directs and coordinates activities of all crew members during a shift in processing materials or manufacturing products. NO RELO assistance offered. Responsibilities for the Operations Team Leader
Requirements for the Operations Team Leader
- Monitors and directs work activities within areas of responsibility, ensuring work is performed in a safe and efficient manner and that areas of responsibility are maintained in a neat and orderly condition. Ensures compliance with company plant and safety rules.
- Plans operations, establishes priorities and sequences for shift activities. Coordinates production activities with other departments and personnel as necessary to maximize operations in a safe and environmentally compliant manner, within budget and according to customer needs.
- Maintains compliance with appropriate federal, State and local safety and/or environmental regulations, reports and notifies appropriate plant personnel of any deviations per established standards; maintains appropriate records and reports as required by regulations.
- Champions and Leads their Team in the Structured Safety & Environmental Processes, including Team Improvement Plans, 5S, System Sponsorship Program, & Implementation Task Force Projects.
- Participate in incident investigations as required, including reporting incidents to appropriate personnel, completing required documentation, recommending and implementing corrective actions, and communicating findings as appropriate.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 3-7 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Knowledge of manufacturing software systems
- Technical Skills: Preferred experience with high pressured boilers, combustion equipment, water chemistry, flue gas desulphurization/bag house ash handling and related auxiliary equipment
- Permanent role with excellent benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.