Permanent position: Immediate opening for a Engineering Manager with a Mechanical and industrial equipment design/engineering background. Specific material handling or conveyors would be ideal, but any automated equipment will be highly considered. Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Engineering Manager
- Managing the mechanical engineering department, perform quick and efficient engineering analysis on new designs and provide guidance to engineers and designers on project/technical issues; Provide professional leadership, accountability and training for the employees within the mechanical engineering department
- Design customized machinery and conveyor equipment from scratch, as well as utilize a library of existing parts; able to perform drawing review and design calculation checking for any project within technical expertise
- Manage of all key engineering projects; oversee new project design and control, engineering changes and updates; answer production questions is relation to design and assembly; manage engineering schedule and assign daily tasks to engineers and designers
- Improve engineering process to increase throughput, reduce manufacturing times and decreased rework·
- Develop new equipment specification and purchasing.
- Able to perform drawing review and design calculation checking for any project within technical expertise
- Make sure all projects meet schedule and budget constraints
- BSME preferred, but specific experience will be considered.
- 7+ years in Mechanical Engineering and Design for custom equipment.
- 3D Modeling background; Solidworks experience, ideally
- PM background a plus.
- Direct hire role with company benefits, paid vacation / sick time, 401k matching etc...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.