Permanent position: Immediate opening for a Engineering Manager with a Mechanical and industrial equipment design/engineering background, in the Grand Rapids, MI area. Custom automated equipment is ideal, and this is a hand's on Engineering role where the person must have strong technical/engineering knowledge and know design / 3D modeling (preferably Solidworks). We are willing to consider strong Design Engineers that have the maturity, aptitude and design to be trained and take on a leadership role. Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Engineering Manager
- Design customized machinery and automated equipment, modify existing designs, able to perform drawing review and design calculation checking for any project within technical expertise
- Leadership and Supervisory Responsibilities - Managing the mechanical engineering department; provide guidance to engineers and designers on project/technical issues; provide professional leadership, accountability and training for the employees within the mechanical engineering department.
- Utilized Solidworks and AutoCAD to design machinery
- approx. 20% travel
- BSME preferred, but specific experience will be considered.
- 7+ years in Mechanical Engineering and Design for custom equipment.
- 3D Modeling background; Solidworks experience, ideally
- Direct hire role with company benefits, paid vacation / sick time, 401k matching etc...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.