Contract position: We are searching for a Quality Engineer in Jackson, MI to work for a leading aerospace manufacturing company. This is a contract position expected to last a year and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Designing, developing, coordinating and deploying work instructions/procedures and associated process controls for the assigned HPWT
- Develops process improvements and cost control programs in their HPWT.
- Reviews customer/industry/internal specifications to ensure compliance with stated requirements.
- Lead and/or provide technical advice and counsel to HPWT assigned to continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Develop pFMEAs and Control Plans per AIAG standard.
- Lead corrective action process using 8D, 5 Why, A3, and lean tools.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- 1+ year of quality systems experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of assembly operations, gauging, and testing.
- Ability to read and understand Blue Prints, Specifications, and Requirements
- Experience in performing Quality Audits is a plus
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt Certification is preferred
- All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.