Permanent position: Chemical Process Technology client is looking for a Welder/Pipefitter for their chemical process plant in Kennesaw, GA. This is a direct hire opportunity. Our client is looking for candidates local to the Kennesaw, GA area.Responsibilities for the Welder
Requirements for the Welder
- Cut, measure, thread, and run rigid stainless pipe
- Cut, measure, bend, and run stainless tubing
- Perform sanitary welds on piping systems
- Execute maintenance work orders pertaining to multiple crafts
- Perform daily predictive and preventative maintenance activities as well as support long term maintenance projects at a chemical process plant
- Maintain and repair electrical and mechanical industrial equipment such as pumps, mixers, vessels, motors, compressors, etc....
- Work with operations to identify root causes of failures and develop repair plans
- 3+ years of previous experience as a Pipefitter & Welder in a heavy industrial plant environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills - ability to troubleshoot & repair electrical & mechanical equipment
- You need to be 'safety focused' and be able to recognize unsafe behaviors or acts and correct them immediately
- You need to be familiar with Lockout/Tagout
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.