Contract position: Electronics Team Leader located just North of Nashville, TN for a leading manufacturer of consumer goods. Position is responsible for the planning and executions of electrical controls system projects from marketing concept to production. Candidates will have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering, or Electronics) with at least (3) three years' experience in appliance product design related experience, preferably in a consumer product R&D environment. This is a long-term contract opportunity. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Embedded Engineer
Requirements for the Embedded Engineer
- Provide leadership for all development programs, including the direction of assigned staff.
- Planning and executions of electrical controls system projects from marketing concept to production
- Translation of consumer needs into technical specifications
- Working directly with hardware, software and systems engineers and estimating resources including time to deliver upon commitments
- Apply project management and engineering principles to effectively accomplish design objectives on time and within budgetary constraints
- Maintains and shares a comprehensive knowledge of the product, processes and test requirements
- Estimates task duration and assists with the preparation of project schedules and product cost estimates.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, or Electronics
- Must have at least (3) three years' experience in appliance product design related experience, preferably in a consumer product R&D environment.
- Experience applying full life cycle "New Product Development" processes in the electronics and mechanical engineering environment.
- Familiar with ANSI, UL, CSA, NEMA and IEC standards
- Strong knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes
- Ability to translate non-technical user requirements into specific technical solutions
<Benefits for the Embedded Engineer
- Contractor benefits
- PTO plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.