Permanent position: We are searching for a Power Electronics Engineer in the Cocoa, FL area to work for an R&D company. This is a direct-hire position with a growing company. Responsibilities for the Electronic Engineer
Requirements for the Electronic Engineer
- Design and test power electronic converters (AC-DC, DC-AC, DC-DC) from 1 kW to 150 kW
- Design and test high speed (10 kRPM - >150 kRPM) motor drives
- Design, implement, and test advanced digital control algorithms, advanced digital filtering techniques, and the general control of power electronic systems
- Design and test power stages, sensor electronics, and gate drives circuits for SiC and GaN semiconductors
- Also includes control algorithm development, implementationof controls onto commercial DSPs, analog printed circuit board design, and working with state-of-the-art wide-bandgap (GaNand SiC) semiconductor devices.
- BS in electrical engineering required with a minimum GPA of 3.3, MS and PhDs a plus
- 2 year minimum experience with a PhD, 4 yrs with a master degree, 5 years with a bachelors degree
- Experience designing motor drives, ac‐dc, dc‐dc, and dc‐ac converters
- Experience with Research and Development
- Experience programming various microcontrollers and DSPs a plus
- United States Citizenship required due to US Government projects
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.