Contract position: We are searching for a Planner in Jackson, MI to work for a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position expected to last 4 months and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Planner
Requirements for the Planner
- Manage work orders to ensure manufacturing has necessary work at all times, communicates on overtime requirements
- Expedite orders for customers where possible; expedites shortages with buyers; communicates updates to customer service.
- Ensure work orders for their areas of responsibility are current, not past due, not in pick status for long periods of time.
- Support potential miss to ensure on time completion of critical orders be proactive.
- Coordinate material requirements with production schedules, customer requirements and provide feedback to scheduling and management.
- Prepare reports and other correspondence for use by SCM professionals.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1+ year of experience in Supply Chain role
- General Knowledge of ERP and procurement processes.
- Exposure to institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tool: Six Sigma, DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Tree Diagrams, Root Cause analysis, Analytical skills.
- All applicants must be U.S. persons within ITAR,. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S, Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.