Permanent position: A well-established manufacturing and design/build machinery company has immediate opening for a full time Safety Engineer in Mt Pleasant. This is a M-F 1st role. Must have experience within manufacturing environments. Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Safety Engineer
Requirements for the Safety Engineer
- Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Examines plans and specifications for new machinery or equipment to determine if all safety precautions have been included.
- Tours plant to inspect fire and safety equipment, machinery and facilities to identify and correct potential hazards and ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Conducts or coordinates safety training to educate workers about emergency response, safety policies, laws and practices.
- Serves as internal consultant to business units on ergonomics, hazardous materials, industrial hygiene and fire and chemical safety matters
- Must have 3+ years of EHS experience in manufacturing
- Associate's Degree with 4+ years of related experience; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Strong regulatory knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, EPA, DOT, ISO14001 and Workers Compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Vacation, etc
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.