Permanent position: Steel industry client located in North West Indiana is looking for a Quality Engineer. This individual is responsible for product quality assessment and improvement. Works with Process Engineers, Operations management and employees to improve the product quality through standard practices, process control and understanding customer requirements. Salary will be based on experience.Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Ensures that technical standards and work instructions to ensure product quality and NPS requirements are implemented and followed.
- Interface with the GM Quality as well as Technical Service Engineers to translate customer quality requirements to the mill, gather data and analyze any trials
- Interface with the GM Quality and Applications Engineer to translate customer quality requirements to mill practices, routings and setups for satisfactory production.
- Interface with the Operating Group, including Management, Process Engineers and hourly employees to make real time decisions on mill control, measurement and operating practices for satisfactory production.
- Evaluate product quality of material at all stages, incoming product, internal production and disposition as prime, rework or reclass.
- Observe and measure product quality at outside processing units as necessary to evaluate product quality and disposition product
- Collect and analyze data for product (and process) quality improvement, communicate necessary changes to process, practices or measurement.
- Minimum requirement is a B.S. degree or equivalent in metallurgical engineering or related materials science curriculum.
- Minimum experience level is 0-3 years in a steel manufacturing or steel processing environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.