Permanent position: Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a Machine Builder just north of Cincinnati. The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for creating layout, design, assembly, and fabrication drawings for turnkey automation systems, End-of-Arm Tooling (EOAT) and other custom equipment per customer specifications. They are to design, review, and modify drawings from project commencement through project completion. Salary is based on experience.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Confirm system and design feasibility/capability by analyzing customer requirements and project specifications.
- Create 2D/3D design, assembly, and fabrication drawings per customer specifications.
- Create project bill of materials and coordinate parts ordering with the Purchasing Department and third party vendors. Maintain communications with Purchasing and vendors to ensure parts are received within budget and on schedule. Assist the Shipping/Receiving Department as needed when parts are received.
- Prepare project manuals upon completion of the project, including spare and wear parts lists.
- Complete tasks within budget and on schedule. Provide continuous improvement on cost reduction for mechanical designs.
- B.S. degree in Engineering (prefer Mechanical Engineering)
- 5+ years of mechanical engineering experience. Prefer experience with custom machine (turnkey automation systems) design.
- Automation industry experience to include Material Handling.
- Design experience with pneumatics (cylinders, grippers, fittings, valves, etc.)
- Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.