Contract position: Regulatory and Compliance Engineer for a well established manufacturer of consumer goods near Pompano Beach, FL. This role is responsible for the development of compliant product for global markets supporting regulatory and compliance goals. Must have experience working with regulatory agencies such as UL, ETL, and product safety for motor operated electrical products. Projected long term assignment with the potential to turn into direct-hire role. Growth opportunity. Includes per diem and relocation assistance. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Compliance Engineer
Requirements for the Compliance Engineer
- Development of compliant product for global markets supporting regulatory and compliance goals in project management, process development, and advocacy activities.
- Review products to all relevant standards and provide guidance to the project team
- Review test reports from internal and/or external laboratories and Maintain CTDP laboratory approval
- Monitor regulatory and compliance changes which effect the business
- Maintain and update procedures or documentation
- Track agency fees and monitor certifications for obsolescence to reduce certification costs
- AS Engineering (Electrical, Chemical, or Material preferred) OR a 4 year technical degree. A PLUS to have B.S. Engineering
- Must have at least five (5) years experience working directly with regulatory agencies
- Experience with FDA, FCC, DOE, UL, ETL and / or International bodies such as the European Commission agencies, etc.
- Must have Underwriters Lab experience
- Need experience with motor operated electrical products and product safety labs or agencies, A PLUS to have Small appliance experience
- Prefer working knowledge in standards for small appliances or similar products
- Pay rate in range shown based on extent of qualifications
- Contractor Benefits during contract phase and Comprehensive Benefits when transitioned to Direct Hire
- Growth opportunity with a solid manufacturing firm
- Per Diem available for Contract phase and Relocation assistance when transitioned to Direct Hire
- Bonus Potential
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.