Permanent position: General Manager / Service Manager needed at a well established Mechanical Contracting Company that specializes in design / build, construction, installation and servicing of mechanical systems in commercial buildings, institutional project, life science and some industrial projects. Responsibilities for the General Manager
Requirements for the General Manager
- ACCOUNTABILITY:Maintain ultimate accountability for the company's performance. Hold subordinates accountable for following through on their commitments and communicating effectively when they cannot. Ensure the entire organization maintains a culture of accountability and professionalism.
- INTERNAL RELATIONS: Build and maintain rapport and positive working relations with all inter-company, intra-affiliate, and internal staff to resolve problems, capitalize opportunities and maximize revenue and profit.
- SYSTEMS AND PROGRAMS: Regularly review operating and sales policies, procedures and methods. Measure effectiveness of existing programs, identify problems or weakness and establish new methods or corrective action. Establish policies and procedures necessary for internal administration.
- Mechanical Systems: Understands mechanical systems -for both project and maintenance agreements; able to effectively price and recommend maintenance programs. Train, direct and evaluate subordinates regarding systems knowledge to minimize risks.
- REPORTING REQUIREMENTS:Assure timely production of reporting as required by all levels of the organization. These reports should include, but not be limited to: Monthly Sales, Quotation, and Activity Achievement.Monthly PM Hours reportsMonthly Manpower Projection ReportsMonthly Project Status ReportsMonthly Financial Summaries and Financial StatementsMid-Year and Year-End Review Reporting
- EXTERNAL RELATIONS: Build rapport and productive working relationships with vendors and other outside agents. Effectively represent company's interest to outside agents to maximize profits.
- 4 year degree
- 10+ years experience working in a Mechanical or General Contracting environment and progressive leadership roles.
- Experience leading sales teams, managing operations, financials, forecasts, and ideally a background in contracting, HVAC service, construction, plumbing, mechanical systems etc...
- Direct hire role with company benefits, paid time off, holidays etc...
- Paid relocation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.