Permanent position: Our client is looking for a Plant/Production Engineer for their facility in the Western Suburbs of Chicago, IL. This Plant/Production Engineer will perform engineering work concerned with new or improved plant operation equipment & processes, recommend methods for improving production performance while improving product quality to specifications. This is a direct hire opportunity, travel will be required approx. 15% nationally and it can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Plant Engineer
Requirements for the Plant Engineer
- Implement objectives of assigned projects through application of engineering principles to include standard, complex and specialized methods while developing new methods/techniques as applicable.
- Investigate and make recommendations for approving deviations of manufacturing parts that do not meet specifications or standards to determine operations/processes responsible for such deviations.
- Recommend corrective action & repair programs for salvaging rejected components through a comprehensive investigation into whether the process, tooling, fixture, machine(s), or employees are at fault.
- Initiate work orders for necessary repair to old, worn, or damaged tooling, fixtures or equipment.
- Request changes in production tolerances and/or processes where such changes will simplify operations, reduce costs, or improve quality.
- Establish schedules & cost estimates of assigned projects while providing information concerning the effect of such programs on change, repair or scheduling.
- Insure new and/or changed products are ready for production as far as tooling, fixtures, work methods, job instructions, material flow/handling, purchased materials, and production standards are concerned.
- Develop quotes on prospective products and work in conjunction with Sales to obtain new accounts.
- Design new and/or modify existing molds, tools, fittings and/or equipment to increase efficiency and productivity while reducing costs.
- Prepare job instruction sheets in concert with production supervision and assist in training new employees and existing employees on new product/processes.
- Identify and recommend systems and procedures for monitoring operations activity and progress to plan for direct labor operations.
- B.S Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have 5 plus years experience in a manufacturing environment preferably plastics.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of Industrial Engineering, time study & Engineered standards in a similar working environment.
- Must be able to maintain accurate and legible records, communicate effectively both orally and written, work well with others and be detailed/analytically orientated.
- A hands-on approach to solving product manufacturing-orientated problems is strongly preferred.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.