Contract position: We are searching for a Senior Planner in Jackson, MS to work for a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position expected to last 4 months and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Planner
Requirements for the Planner
- Responsible for driving on-time delivery through material flow planning and ensuring optimal scheduling of production units.
- Manage material flow (WIP - "work in process") through analysis of reports and perform critical analysis to avoid operation disruptions caused by material availability or constraints.
- Manage the work order function which entails, but is not limited to, expediting late or issuing components, maintaining MRP planning parameters, creation/closure of all work orders based on established ERP best practices, and managing rework of reusable core parts.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams and influence multiple functional departments including Customer Service, Engineering, Quality, Operations and Supply Chain.
- Own the metrics of past due order reduction, MPS on-time delivery, on-time delivery of units to internal and external customers, and work order accuracy.
- Prepare reports and other correspondence for use by SCM professionals.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ year of experience with Material Planning within supply chain or manufacturing
- Experience with ERP and procurement processes.
- Experience with aerospace manufacturing is strongly preferred
- All applicants must be U.S. persons within ITAR,. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S, Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.