Contract position: We are searching for a Purchasing/Procurement Analyst in Irvine, CA to work for a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position expected to last 5 months and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Purchasing Agent
Requirements for the Purchasing Agent
- Follow the company policy to complete PO packets
- Prepare and follow up RFQ's to the suppliers for the PO packets
- Conduct the supplier selection analysis in order to identify the best source
- Purchase materials and services, obtaining maximum value in terms of price, quality and delivery. Plan material flow to insure minimum investment while insuring high levels of support to Program Managers. Support purchasing team in a coordinated effort to manage exceptions and achieve plant, division and individual goals and support strategies and issues related to plant operations.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution is required, preferably in Supply Chain or Operations Management
- 5+ years of strategic purchasing experience
- PO Packets experience with Aerospace companies
- Knowledge of AS9100 Quality Management System requirements is preferred
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.