Permanent position: We are searching for an Embedded Software Engineer to work for an aerospace/avionics company in Wichita, KS. This is a direct-hire role that provides relocation assistance.Responsibilities for the Embedded Software Engineer
Requirements for the Embedded Software Engineer
- Design embedded software for microcontroller-based systems
- Research new components, technologies, and methods to incorporate into new designs
- Design software-based tools to support verification and manufacturing
- Prototype and execute test programs to verify compliance with applicable performance, regulatory, and quality requirements
- Build and troubleshoot hardware, including basic soldering, operation of test equipment, and daily work in both office and test lab environments
- Required Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science from an accredited university
- Required 5+ years of professional experience designing embedded software
- Required ability to work directly with target hardware, including lab bench equipment and other tools for debugging and analysis
- Programming in C is required; programming in VHDL is a plus but not required
- Preferred experience designing or troubleshooting PCB system hardware
- This position open to expertise in designing embedded software, and optionally, FPGA firmware.
- Excellent benefits, PTO & 401K
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.