Permanent position: Our client is looking to hire an Embedded Software Engineer for their facility in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL. This Embedded Software Engineer will design and deliver software systems for the transportation industry. The Embedded Software Engineer will work as part of the hardware, electronics, and software development team to develop cutting-edge safety products for rail applications. This is a direct hire position, travel is required and it can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Embedded Software Engineer
Requirements for the Embedded Software Engineer
- Design and develop a safety critical software system in C/C++.
- Work with peers in the product development team.
- Participate in code reviews to improve the quality of our software.
- Develop and execute code module unit tests.
- Create appropriate design documentation.
- Perform hardware/software integration for newly developed system modules.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 5-10 years experience in SDLC and C/C++ programming.
- Experience in embedded programming.
- Experience developing safety critical systems a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile Iterative development methodology.
- Familiarity with Git/Bitbucket and Jira.
- Knowledge of RTOS (preferably FreeRTOS/SafeRTOS).
- Knowledge of embedded debugging tools (JTAG/In-ciruit debug/trace).
- Experience with communication protocols and interfaces: UART, RS-232, USB, I2C, SPI, Ethernet.
- Ability to read schematics, use of lab tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers or protocol analyzers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.