Permanent position: A leading Utility Services organization is seeking an experienced Manager to direct all aspects of their water and wastewater services near Topeka, KS. Principal responsibilities will include management of capital and construction projects in addition to water and wastewater operations, maintenance, budgeting, managing a professional engineering team and hourly personnel. Candidates must have a BS Degree preferably in Engineering, and 8+ years' of progressive responsibilities within a water/ wastewater utility. Relocation is available for qualified candidates. Responsibilities for the Operations Manager
Requirements for the Operations Manager
- Oversee all aspects of the water and wastewater services; ensure compliance and timely completion of capital projects
- Hire, manage, and develop a team of engineers, inspectors, and maintenance professionals
- Direct the operations and maintenance of the water distribution system and water supply facilities, including main lines, valves, service lines, hydrants, wells, pumps, purification equipment, reservoirs, motor control centers, and automatic control valves
- Operational responsibilities include budgeting, planning, and financial reporting for all aspects of contract administration
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering: Civil, Electrical, Environmental, or a related discipline
- 8+ years' progressive work experience with key accountabilities for overseeing water and wastewater systems
- Previous project experience is required, capital, maintenance, construction, etc.
- Must have water utilities management experience as well as water pipeline and distribution construction oversight experience
- Comprehensive medical
- 401 K with match
- Relocation assistance
- Bonus potential
- Stock Plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.