Permanent position: Growing manufacturer is seeking a permanent Metallurgist to add to their growing team. This position will be located near the Lafayette, Indiana area. The Metallurgist should have a Bachelors Degree and at least 2+ years of industry experience working with steel, castings, and/or ferrous metals. Candidates must also have a background in failure analysis and metallurgical testing. The salary for the Metallurgist is commensurate with experience ranging from $60K to $85K, plus 401K, profit sharing, and other great benefits. Relocation is provided. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.Responsibilities for the Metallurgist
Requirements for the Metallurgist
- Work with the metallurgical and production staff to support the production processes on Furnace and Lab Department related topics
- Develops new metal grades, quotes new metal specs or processes, and performs failure analysis related to castings process or melting process
- Plan and conduct research to determine feasibility for New Product Introduction
- Bachelors Degree is required
- 2+ years of industry experience working in metals, steel, castings, foundry, etc.
- Experience working with steel/ferrous metals, carbon steel, castings, EAF Melting Operations, heat treatment, metal grades, and heavy equipment
- Full-time, permanent position with benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience ranging from $60K to $85K, plus 401k, profit sharing, etc.
- Relocation assistance is provided
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.