Contract position: Construction Supervisor opportunity with a client located at a federal facility in the Northern San Francisco, CA area. This is a long term contract with potential to extend for someone to assist the Project Lead in managing the installation and completion of energy saving improvements at a federal facility. Local candidates preferred.Responsibilities for the Construction Manager
Requirements for the Construction Manager
- Assists PM to schedule and manage pre-construction meetings, subcontractor and owner's meetings
- Monitor quality and safety of the subcontractors on various sites, adhering to OSHA standards
- Work daily with customer and subcontractors to resolve unforeseen issues with the project
- Coordinate collection of sign off sheets as well as collect and write daily reports of project progress
- Keep projects running on schedule, coordinate with other subcontractors, order inspections, etc.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by Project Manager
- Approximately 3 or more years related construction experience (federal facility experience is preferred)
- Experience with HVAC, electrical, power generation, steam, chilled water, hot water, control design, and/or mechanical systems is a plus
- OSHA 30 Hours Mandatory, Federal and State safety regulations experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to interface effectively with a diverse workforce and customer base
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret mechanical and engineering periodicals and schematics, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Maturity and professionalism to effectively handle frequent exposure to senior management, as well as with external organizations, customers, and the public
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.