Contract position: A Designer is needed for a world class utility company in the New Albany, OH area. This position will develop process and controls to develop and maintain advanced 3D model library to interface with database driven systems. No per diem available. M-F 8-5 , OT possible, but rare. Occasional overnight travel to and work within a substation or power plant environment in obedience to all safety regulations and use of personal protection equipment.Responsibilities for the Designer
Requirements for the Designer
- The position includes associated clerical work to properly manage and document the work activities performed.
- Ability to create animated videos from 3D models to be used for safety discussions, construction sequencing/instructions and training.
- Ability to select from vendor-developed objects that have many more dimensions than traditional cells in order for objects to interact intelligently.
- Library support of these objects will require a greater degree of knowledge of the science behind physical character of equipment and the attribution necessary to model equipment across all of our systems.
- Associate degree in applied science (AAS) drafting and computer aided design (CAD) or in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering technology. 2+ years of relevant experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.