Permanent position: Heavy equipment manufacturer in the Chicago area is seeking a Service Engineer to troubleshoot and repair large cranes. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic electrical systems and PLCs. Heavy travel required. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., have a valid driver's license and be able to pass thorough background check.Responsibilities for the Service Engineer
Requirements for the Service Engineer
- Program and test electronic equipment
- Maintain interaction with customer to resolve problems, travel to customer sites
- Provide hands on maintenance and repair service to all brands of handling equipment at customer locations with a focus on electrical repair and diagnosis.
- At least 2 years of experience with mechanical or electrical troubleshooting and equipment repairs
- Specific experience with motors, controls, PLCs (Siemens preferred) hydraulics, steel work and /or rigging
- Must be able to read and understand hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Must feel comfortable working at elevated heights
- Strong aptitude toward control system logic
- Knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems as they relate to mobile equipment
- Full benefits package, vacation, holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.