Permanent position: Large Manufacturer is looking for a Facility Maintenance Electrician-Journeyman for their Houston location. Qualified candidates must have at least 10 years experience in industrial setting dealing with electrical field, repair, and installation. Candidates must be able to be on call 24/7.Responsibilities for the Electrician
Requirements for the Electrician
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment and test for safet and efficiency
- Inspect electrical systems for specified shielding and grounding, repairing or re-wiring as necessary and plan, layout, and wire new installations
- Leads all electrical safety audits, workswith engineering for new installation designs, and responsible for accurate electrical recordkeeping
- Responsible for Test Panel Programming coordination with MISSafety - Responsible for electrical OSHA compliance
- Ovens and Furnaces - (MP Only) Installing, programming and usage of programmable controllers, knowledge of gas fired apparatuses, designed and built automated computer program for operating and tracking diecast furnaces
- Must have minimum of 10 years of experience on 4160 volts, 15 years preferred on commercial side with at least 10 years in electrical field, repair, or installation
- Journeyman license is required
- Prefer 3 years experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanical machinery adn ability to plan, fit, layout fixtures, and control equipment
- Must be familiar with HIgh voltage wiring, troubleshooting, and knowledge on Codes NEC, NFPA E, NFPA 70
- Must be on call 24/7 365 days a year no exceptions
- Must be able to work hours 3:30am to 6pm M-F and weekends.
- Comprehensive benefits
- Paid OT
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.