Permanent position: A well known, reputable electric cooperative serving 10 Northeast Georgia counties, is seeking an experienced Communications Engineer. In this position, the candidate will provide technical expertise in the programming, installation, testing and maintenance of the VOIP telephone system, as well as mobile radio systems, fiber optic, microwave and data communication equipment. As well as provide technical assistance with SCADA and FLISR systems.Responsibilities for the Telecommunications Engineer
Requirements for the Telecommunications Engineer
- Install, program, troubleshoot, maintain and support users on the VOIP telephone system.
- Program, test, troubleshoot and maintain UCCX including queues and campaigns.
- Install, program, troubleshoot, and maintain fiber optic cable and the microwave system for network and SCADA communications.
- Install, program, troubleshoot, and maintain radios for substations, reclosers, vehicles, Operator Consoles and the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) system.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering - Electrical, Electronic, Computer or Telecommunication is preferred.
- Cisco certifications preferred, with additional training in data and voice communications.
- 1 year of working experience in data and voice communications.
- Working knowledge of telephony systems and understanding of the Cisco phone system.
- Full medical benefits, PTO and 401K
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.