Permanent position: Manufacturing leader is seeking to hire a sharp Controls Engineer. This position will be located in the Hays, Kansas area. If you are looking to work in a team oriented, positive culture that rewards their employees then this might be an excellent opportunity. The ideal candidate will possess controls engineering experience programming, modifying and troubleshooting PLC's in a manufacturing environment. Experience working with outside contractors is desired along with managing projects. This role comes with an excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $100k to $120k plus a very lucrative profit sharing plan. Excellent relocation package is also available. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US. Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Tune, synchronize and sequence drives in in support of reliability and automation efforts.
- Develop robust support documentation for drive troubleshooting and maintenance
- Read and troubleshoot machine electrical drawings
- Configure PLC message instructions and network settings
- Develop process and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), controls narratives and testing protocols for new and existing systems
- Mentor and assist with the training of controls specialists, electricians, electrical engineers etc.
- Work with outside contractors and consultants on specifying equipment, controls, drives and system installs as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in engineering is required
- Proven track record of programming, modifying and troubleshooting PLC's
- Candidates must possess a positive attitude and be a team player
- Analytical thinker with problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and SCADA systems
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $100k to $120 plus a very lucrative profit sharing plan
- Excellent relocation package is also available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.