Permanent position: Established Manufacturer in Sumter, SC has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Engineer. The qualified person will perform engineering work to include; planning, evaluating, designing, developing and adapting tools for the purpose of increasing productivity, enhancing quality and reducing manufacturing costs. Collaborates with other engineers, manufacturing personnel and quality assurance to achieve manufacturing objectives. Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Establishes systems for control of project progress, time schedules and costs. Prepares PAR's. Creates engineering / equipment standards for efficient application of resources.
- Initiates cost reduction proposals, investigates proposals from other sources, makes recommendations for action, implements, and reviews the results.
- Renders technical service to all other departments as requested and/or assigned. Handles special assignments such as directing production planning, providing technical support, processing and quoting new products and/or prototypes. Position will also schedule, assign and direct the work of various levels of impacted employees.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Bearing manufacturing experience is preferred but not required. Manufacturing experience in metals is required
- CNC Machining, CAD/CAM and Programming languages experience is preferred.
- Full Comprehensive Benefits Package is offered to include 401k, medical, dental, vision care
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.