Permanent position: Manufacturing Engineer needed for a full-time opportunity in the Plymouth, MI area. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for developing potential new products, designing the tooling aspects and providing input to determine the viability. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Complete detailed tooling design of potential new products, provide feedback on realistic product viability for future/repeat design/builds.
- Receive data and input from marketing and other R&D technical team members to set, define and complete tooling R&D goals and projects for potential new product types.
- Work from schematics, diagrams, written, and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical degree with 5 years of experience in a tooling development position.
- Experience designing in 3D CAD, preferably in Solidworks and/or Inventor modeling platforms. Proficiency in the design of parts and assemblies.
- Hands-on experience with machining equipment (mill, lathe, cnc, etc), including machine qualification to technical specifications.
- Experience designing and building high precision tooling and fixtures, including linear motion systems, geometric dimensioning & tolerancing (GDT), etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.