Permanent position: Immediate opening for an Product Development Engineering Manager with a Structural Engineering background, working out of the Pettisville, OH area. This person will be involved in design, engineering support, load calculations and direct interaction with customers on customized product lines. A BSME with specific on the job experience in relation to steel metal structures or a Structural Engineering background are most compatible for the role. Responsibilities for the Structural Engineer
Requirements for the Structural Engineer
- Produce applications drawings for new projects as required, perform calculations for load ratings, prepare product list according to drawings, and design new product solutions to meet customer needs.
- Work collaboratively with product/design engineers to provide appropriate technical solutions, while identifying remedial actions relating to issues within existing systems, solutions and applications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles and corporate guidelines.
- BS in Civil or Structural (and Mechanical with one the job structural calculations will be highly considered.)
- 5+ years experience in a structural design / engineering background is required.
- Proficient with design software. 3D modeling is a plus.
- Position requires travel up to 20% (customers, vendors, etc.)
- Company sponsored benefits, 401k, relocation assistance, etc...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.