Contract position: We have an opening for a Chemist in Atlanta, GA(Midtown) to work at a world-renowned beverage manufacturer. This is a contract assignment expected to last 18 months. Responsibilities for the Chemist
Requirements for the Chemist
- Performs complex chemical analysis on raw ingredients intermediates beverage parts final products auxiliary materials and water.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation (e.g. troubleshooting conducting preventative maintenance calibrating and repairing).
- Conduct inspection of the laboratory or laboratory procedures to ensure conformance to internal or external certification requirements and correct or eliminate process-related non-conformance items.
- Develop or validate laboratory test methods or equipment (sampling monitoring analytical procedures) in order to ensure reliability and accuracy of analytical results.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry is required
- 1 year or more of experience in a Laboratory environment.
- Basic knowledge of lab instruments and equipment (i.e. pH meter Brix meter etc.)
- Ability to analyze ingredients syrups beverages concentrates or other substances using laboratory instruments.
- Knowledge and application of Good Laboratory Practices (e.g. preparation of standards and reagents, proper measuring techniques, data management, housekeeping)
- Medical, Dental, PTO, 401k, etc
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.