Contract position: GIS Data Analyst needed in Houston Tx. This person will work within a GIS team to update and maintain systems to ensure the data integrity of multiple projects. This is a contract position but is likely to extend beyond 1 year. Responsibilities for the GIS Analyst
Requirements for the GIS Analyst
- Responsible for updating GIS (Geographic Information System) and maintaining the integrity of geographic information databases that support the contiguous pipeline asset
- Perform a range of technical and support functions relating to the day-to-day maintenance of enterprise GIS systems which requires a substantial understanding of spatial data principles, map projections and digital data repositories
- Apply strong conceptual and practical understanding of spatial and pipeline database design, including relational database design and spatial data integration, GIS application software development and spatial analysis, data automation procedures, including vector and raster data automation techniques, data standards and quality assurance procedures.
- Apply expert analysis skills using advanced GIS software and related products such as advanced spatial and data analysis tools, raster image transformation, thematic mapping and trend analysis in project and operational environments
- Bachelor's Degree in Geography or related field OR GISP certification OR a minimum of 4-6 years relevant GIS experience at a pipeline company.
- In-depth knowledge of GIS suite of products from Esri.
- Knowledge of supplemental GIS software tools such as: Garmin'sStreet Atlas, X MapGIS Editor, New Century Sheet Cutter.
- Proficiency in Python for automating geoprocesses and creating standardized maps.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.