Permanent position: A well-respected international customer has an immediate opening for a Materials Engineer with experience in Materials Sciences (Metallurgy) and Welding, Mechanical Design and Failure Analysis, Project Management, and New Parts Manufacturing (NPM). A bachelor's degree is required; all candidates are encouraged to apply.Responsibilities for the Material Science Engineer
Requirements for the Material Science Engineer
- Development and maintenance of weld procedures (WPS) and qualification records for them (PQR) per ASME BPVC Section IX requirements. Provide guidance to the internal customers regarding the selection of materials suitable for the specific components and applications.
- Perform review of the incoming material certificates to ensure the purchased material meets the defined specifications. Identify potential trends in materials availability so that internal specifications may be reviewed and updated. Maintain company's compliance with ASME BPVC 'U' and 'R' stamps, including renewals of these certifications.
- Serve as a Project Engineer for the projects where expertise in materials or welding disciplines is critical for success of the project. Write technical documentation (reports and memos) addressing any material/welding related issues for internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Material Sciences/ Metallurgy
- Local to the Houston Area
- Full benefits package including PTO, 401K, Health Insurance etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.