Contract position: A Controls Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Christiansburg, VA area. This position will provide electrical controls support to various areas of the plant geared towards daily operations, continuous improvement, and cost reductions. No per diem is available. No travel is anticipated. Hours may vary but typically a 12 hour shift, 3 days on and 3 days off. Responsibilities for the Controls Technician
Requirements for the Controls Technician
- Support and maintain plant machine / motion control systems, electromechanical devices, material handling, vision, and robotic systems.
- Work directly with maintenance in troubleshooting and resolution of electrical, controls, and automation equipment discrepancies.
- Provide technical training to associates. Preventative/Predictive maintenance support.
- Associate's degree with at least 3 years or more working with electrical controls or automation equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Allen Bradley HMI systems (Panelview, Panelview Plus, Factory Talk). Strong understanding of electrical and control systems (motor controls, servo systems (Pacsci, Ultra3000), and machine/motion controls.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.