Contract position: We are searching for a Supplier Development Engineer in Syracuse, NY. This is a work from home contract position, but this person does need to be able to commute to Syracuse, NY. Responsibilities for the Supplier Development Engineer
Requirements for the Supplier Development Engineer
- Responsible for creating a performance-based culture that delivers incremental improvement in key supply base metrics
- The qualified candidate will use their knowledge of quality systems, advanced product and quality planning (APQP), supplier management, program management, continuous improvement tools, and commodity manufacturing processes to manage the key SDE workstreams: High Risk Supplier APQP, Focus Supplier, Supplier Continuous Improvement/Cost-Out, and Supplier Risk Management.
- Supports the development and deployment of Global SDE tools and processes to enable improvement in both Quality and Delivery performance, and enhance overall supplier capabilities to meet future business needs.
- Builds organizational capability globally by developing commodity/process expertise to support effective supplier selection, management, continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Works cross-functionally with SCM, Engineering, and Operations to ensure supplier sourcing, launch and on-going performance meet defined targets and overall business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in a related engineering or supply chain management field
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing, quality, supply chain or operations
- 3+ years' experience in using quality tools/methodologies (PPAP, APQP, QSA, SPC, auditing)
- Knowledge of Industry specific quality registrations (ISO9001, AS9100, NADCAP)
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt is preferred
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.