Contract position: A Project Manager is needed for a utility holding company in the Denver, CO area. This role provides strategic project management leadership for multiple, complex, high-voltage (69-500kV) transmission projects with total annual capital costs of $10 - 200 million. No per diem available. Frequent daily and occasional overnight travel.Responsibilities for the Project Manager
Requirements for the Project Manager
- Responsible for overall project scope, schedule, cost and risk management.
- Manages team to achieve approved project scope, develops strategic sequencing and detailed milestone schedules, project-level cost tracking and reconciliation.
- Coordinates development of detailed cost estimates, schedules and associated project RFP's, RFQ's, contracts, etc. Responsible for leading projects through all internal and external processes.
- Manages the project scope, schedule and closely plans and manages all project costs.
- BS Engineering, Project Management, Construction, Business, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year engineering, project management or construction management related to high-voltage substation and/or transmission line experience or combination of experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in project management with some formal project management training.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.