Permanent position: Multi-national leader in the automotive industry seeks a SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER (Welding) for its assembly operations located just north of GREENVILLE, SC. The SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER provides joining expertise to Body-in-White SUPPLIERS of sheet metal parts in support of Body-in-White targets. Welding experience a must! IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION! Responsibilities for the Supplier Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Supplier Quality Engineer
- Provide technical support with all joining applications and systems within the Body-In-White department and associated supplier network
- Reviews equipment, processes, and capabilities at suppliers to validate capability to supply quality parts and volume required by Body-in-White
- Provides joining technical support at the suppliers; ensure volume and quality targets in Body-in-White.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or weld engineering (or related field) with at least 3 years experience in welding / mechanical joining operations (hot and cold)
- Demonstrated experience with lean strategies, TPS based manufacturing, and SAP.
- Ability to travel 20% of time.
- The company provides a competitive benefits package to include relocation assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.