Permanent position: Manufacturer in the Akron, OH area is seeking a Product Design Engineer with experience in mobile equipment design. The ideal candidate will be proficient in 3D CAD design. Solidworks preferred. Light travel required - 20%. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Design of mechanical components and improve current products
- Prepare models and detail drawings using Solidworks 3D design software.
- Create hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Manage products from concept through testing to completion
- At least 2 years' experience designing mechanical equipment; allowing for bending, torsion and buckling
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Leadership abilities or experience to guide junior engineers
- Experience with 3D CAD/ SolidWorks
- Knowledge of DC power systems and hydraulics a plus
- Full benefits and paid vacation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.