Permanent position: Our client is looking to hire a Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer for their Northwest Suburb location in Chicago, IL. The Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for the design/development of highly engineered mechanical and electro-mechanical locking devices, precision instruments, throttles, marine products, and accessories for OEM's. This is a direct hire role, some travel is required and can start immediately. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design small mechanical and electro-mechanical components using 3D design software to tight tolerances using SOLIDWORKS.
- Manage the program, not just the design phase.
- Ability to design sheet metal components.
- Ability to create 3D models and 2D drawings accurately and efficiently in Pro E and SOLIDWORKS.
- Understanding of GD&T.
- Ability to develop and manage programs in compliance with the Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) guidelines as defined by AIAG.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- 7+ years of experience in a related field designing metal & plastic small parts.
- Ability to design products using 3D software (SOLIDWORKS, ProE, Wildfire, AutoDesk, Inventor)
- Health insurance premiums are company paid, 401K with a company match and a profit sharing program
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.