Permanent position: Automation Technician needed at world leading food manufacturer located in Tarboro, NC. This is a 1st shift direct hire role with a great company that offers an excellent overall package. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Automation Technician
Requirements for the Automation Technician
- Perform all of the electrical functions of a Maintenance/Electrical Technician, plus possess demonstrated skills in advanced hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical systems.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair scales and high-end control panels, set-up and calibration of controllers/measuring instruments, and PLC troubleshooting/programming/repair.
- Assist engineering and plant staff with the specification, installation, and modification of integrated systems, and provide technical support for all phases of the operation.
- AS degree preferred
- 4+ years of advanced plant automation experience
- Must have advanced knowledge and experience with Allen Bradley control systems (including ability to manipulate the programs)
- Experience with equipment installation and process improvement activities.
- Excellent benefits + generous PTO
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.