Contract position: A Factory Automation Engineer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Fargo, ND area. This position will work on a team that is responsible for the design of manufacturing mistake proofing smart fixtures utilizing various sensor and vision technologies; manufacturing and product data collection. No per diem available. 20% travel is anticipated.Responsibilities for the Automation Engineer
Requirements for the Automation Engineer
- Support and maintain the company Manufacturing Execution System. Provide support for product and process changes and CI initiatives that impact the manufacturing equipment and tooling.
- Provide support for urgent manufacturing issues and maintenance for manufacturing equipment, tooling, and processes.
- Build and perform process capability studies on manufacturing equipment, tooling, and processes implementing corrective actions when required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with at least 4 years of relevant engineering experience. Must have experience with basic controls, sensors and Data Acquisition Systems (DAQ).
- Experience with database management and tools (SQL). Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs. Experience with vision systems edge detection and lighting techniques. Experience using, understanding and documenting schematics and design notes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.