Contract position: We are searching for a Packaging Engineer(CAD Drawings) in the Rochester, NY area to work at a company that develops electronic products. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Packaging Engineer
Requirements for the Packaging Engineer
- Develop, test, document, and implement cost effective packaging for a variety of office products.
- Create and modify CAD drawings using Solidworks.
- Design cost effective packaging working with internal customers and outside vendors.
- Complete dynamic lab testing to validate all packaging designs.
- Complete lab reports to document testing and procedures used.
- Work with art studios to create graphics for all packaging that meet regulatory, safety and corporate guidelines.
- Degree in Packaging Science/Engineering.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 required.
- Previous packaging work experience desired, but not required.
- Technically competent in packaging materials, processes and testing equipment is preferred.
- Ability to create and modify CAD drawings (SolidWorks).
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.