Contract position: Leading medical device company is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer for their R&D Group in Tucson, AZ. The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for developing imaging equipment from prototype through manufacturing. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering and at least 2 years of mechanical design and some experience in medical device design is preferred. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world recognized leader in the medical industry. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design and develop parts and assemblies in R&D and for manufacture.
- Come up with smart solutions to problems and re-evaluate designs as needed.
- Evaluate product performance, reliability and safety
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 2 years of mechanical design and some experience in medical device design is preferred
- Must have experience with Solidworks and knowledge of PDM (Product Data Management) software.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.