Permanent position: Global manufacturer is seeking a direct-hire Buyer located in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area. The Buyer will be responsible for purchasing high spend commodities for multiple company facilities as well as develop strategic processes to ensure supplier metrics are met and/or exceeded. The salary is commensurate with experience ranging from $70k - $80k. Local candidates only at this time. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Develop RFQ packages and negotiates to ensure pricing meets margin expectations
- Identify and implement supplier cost reduction activities
- Negotiate and modify strategic sourcing agreements with suppliers
- 3+ years of purchasing, sourcing, and/or supply chain experience in a manufacturing environment
- BA Degree is required
- Experience utilizing an ERP System
- Project management experience with cost reduction and strategic sourcing
- Light travel to customer sites as needed (25%)
- Full-Time, Direct Hire Position
- Salary commensurate with experience ranging from $70k - $80k
- Full-time benefits, PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, profit sharing, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.