Permanent position: Our client is seeking an experienced Electro-Mechanical (EMA) Engineer for their facility in the Northern Suburbs of Chicago, IL. This EMA Engineer will be responsible for leading and supporting the development of electrical actuation products for aerospace applications. The EMA Engineer must also be able to provide a moderate to high level of product design, mentoring to other Engineers and participation in process improvements, strategic planning and presentations. This is a direct hire opportunity, moderate travel may be required and can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Electro-Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Electro-Mechanical Engineer
- Plans, schedules and coordinates detailed phases of a major project or in a total project system of moderate scope.
- May carry out complex or novel research assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
- Promotes and implements process improvements company-wide. May write product standard design guidelines.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practices, but includes a variety of complex features, such as conflicting design requirements, non-standard materials and difficult coordination requirements.
- Provides direct support of sales and development by sharing information in the form of major/complex proposals and design reviews.
- Independently troubleshoots/analyzes system problems, writes and performs complex component tests.
- Sets technical direction on complex projects to level 1-3 Engineers.
- Responsible for taking verbal and written descriptions from marketing and engineering and creating the physical representation of the product in both solid model and detail drawing form.
- Makes decisions regarding dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Ensures designs meet manufacturability, testability and reliability criteria.
- BS degree in Engineering required, Post graduate technical degree desired.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including presentations, (Customer, Internal and Management), writes and communicates critical reports, and leads complex design reviews.
- Competent complex problem solving/troubleshooting skills for both components and subsystems.
- Competent in the use of PCs and associated software, solid knowledge of WISE applications such as BOM, Item Master, NCR, EC screens and part tracking.
- Promotes a cross-functional project team environment, communicates with Customers and leads small teams.
- Working knowledge of standards and the ability to apply complex groupings of standards into designs while quickly learning, interpreting and applying new standards as needed.
- Competent use and application of FEA tools; solid use of DFSS tools and methodologies; solid knowledge of Engineering quality systems (PLC, Engineering Change, Configuration Management); solid ability to compute steady state results and be a significant contributor to the design of complex products/systems.
- Complete understanding of component functions, testing requirements, manufacturing processes, drawings and geometric tolerances as well as shop standards.
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, 10% bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.