Contract position: A Piping Design Technician is needed for an engineering consulting company in the Englewood, CO area. This role will perform standardized or prescribed design assignments involving logical engineering and design sequence. No per diem available.Responsibilities for the Piping Drafter
Requirements for the Piping Drafter
- Interact with internal and external personnel on matters of moderate importance.
- Design all or portions of piping systems within assigned design area and modifies existing designs to develop or improve them.
- Use computer-aided design equipment to layout piping systems, complete detailed design, and extract drawings for various levels of design completion up to and including final construction documentation.
- Coordinate design criteria with materials engineering, stress analysis, and other engineering/design disciplines in accordance with contractual specifications.
- 5+ years of piping experience or drafting/design related course work is required; BS degree preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Excel and Data Entry is required. Basic understanding of piping layouts and field drawings is required.
- AUTOCAD or MicroStation training/experience is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.