Contract position: A Civil Engineer is needed for an American defense, aviation, information technology, and biomedical research company in the Honolulu, HI area. This role will provide engineering in support of electrical substation & switchyard, powerline, telecomm, & power generating facility projects. No per diem is available.Responsibilities for the Civil Engineer
Requirements for the Civil Engineer
- Assignments may include site grading & drainage design, prep of spill prevention control & countermeasures plans, access road design, & development of conduit plans for underground power & control/communication cables.
- Design of equip support steel structures & cast-in-place concrete foundations, rigid bus design, underground vaults & manholes, foundations for self-supporting utility poles, retaining, sound & fire walls, & concrete or masonry control buildings.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Civil Engineering required. EIT/FE cert is preferred
- Proficiency with industry-related engineering analysis software, such as RISA and LPile. Substantial experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Experience using Bentley ProjectWise document management software or similar and MicroStation or similar required.
- 2+ years of prior relevant exp. Past work exp that required coordination with City & County of Honolulu for permitting & project approvals preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.