Permanent position: Worldwide leader in the manufacture of automotive parts seeks a PROJECT ENGINEER for its assembly operations located just outside of HICKORY, NC. The PROJECT ENGINEER will justify and purchase capital equipment/tooling, and design and implement efficient processes using lean manufacturing principles. IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION! Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Responsible for plant layouts and the coordination of equipment and process rearrangements.
- Conduct assessments of existing or proposed manufacturing processes / suggest improvement ideas to increase efficiencies, eliminate waste, etc.
- Create Scope of Work Documents to be used quoting/sourcing capital equipment
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical / industrial engineering (or related field) with at least 3 years experience in metal forming/assembly/machining (preferably automotive) operations.
- Experience in the development of labor standards, justification and purchase of capital equipment, and tool design
- Experience in the use of CAD software
- The company provides a competitive benefits package to include relocation assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.