Permanent position: A well-known, established company in the Franklin Springs, GA area has an immediate opening for a Design Engineer to join their growing team. Qualified candidates must have a BSME, proficient in 3D CAD and sheet metal experience is a plus. Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Execute projects utilizing CAD software creating 3D models and assemblies and drafts of parts components and assemblies. (Solidworks or SolidEdge preferably, but any 3D modeling will be considered.)
- Design, develop, and test new products and product improvements; resolve issues encountered in product development; provide product specifications and Bills of Material.
- Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to evaluate design, focusing on improving performance, overall design, quality and safety.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, required.
- 3+ years of experience
- Must be proficient in 3D CAD (Solid Edge and/or Solid Works)
- Understanding of strength of materials; manufacturing environment experience; understanding of lean manufacturing and six sigma a plus;
- Medical and Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401 (k) Savings Plan, Paid Holidays and Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.